Senseless Sunday Sarcasm : What I “know” about editing.
As I edit my draft for the I-don’t-know-how-many times, it seems the more I know the less I’ve learned.
All I know about editing can be summed up in a few bullet points.
- It’s far less painful to send the draft to an editor who will spot what you’ve missed.
- Editors will point out EVERYTHING you didn’t know you’d missed.
- You’ll wonder, “Why did I want to be a writer again?”
- If you can’t develop a tough outer shell, you’ll be in pain every time your draft is edited.
- No matter the skill of your editor, not everyone is going to like your genre or your style. They’ll be the first to write a review.
That, dear readers, is all I know about editing. I’m hoping that no one finds a way to write it on the head of a tack.
That would be “tackless.”