Writers aren’t perfect
We writers aren’t perfect.
I can hear the collective laughter now, and I’m imagining a stadium full of people shouting out, “Well…duh!!!”
What are my faults?
You can find some of them on the ABOUT JOELLE page:
- If there are annoying people, places or things…if there is minutia that needs to be beaten to death, I’m out there–in more ways than one.
- Being dyslexic, consistency is NOT an option. I write the color of life that my brain sees, hears, tastes, smells, and feels in the moment.
- I was dragged into the blog-o-sphere, kicking and screaming, by 2 of the most patient people I know, and (when it comes to anything “computer”) I still feel like a turtle trying to cross an LA freeway.
Other faults can only be seen by the people at my day job who have to endure me. Here are 4 that only someone at work can describe in painful detail:
- I don’t like being touched (Fortunately, my better half isn’t much of a toucher, either).
- I have the patience of a hungry piranha with ADHD.
- Part of my job is to sit at a computer and type what people are telling me while I’m looking them in the eye. For those who hunt-and-peck on a keyboard, it’s very disconcerting to have someone read what you just said word for word.
- When machinery acts up, I talk to it. More than one prospective employee has watched me ask a state-of-the-art office printer/scanner/fax machine things like, “I fed you more paper. What the hell do you want now, a circuit massage?”
I’m deathly afraid of doing a video interview. I fear the Tourette’s might drive readers away. Worse yet is the possibility of becoming a GIF meme.
I’ve thought about putting one of my dogs in front of the camera while I talk to the interviewer out of camera range. Or, possibly OBCC (Other Brother Coon Cat).
Who do you think should be the face of the writer: Mutts or Mr. Cute?
I’m still laughing over the cat cartoon. Sent it on to my cat loving friends.
Sent from my iPad
LikeLiked by 1 person
Some days I think that’s what my cat is trying to tell me. It was perfect for the post.