Weird things one thinks about at 5:00 in the morning.
Went to sleep last night at 9:00pm. Awoke at 5:00am to the sound of a dog panting. Rottie Mutt had plunked down in front of the fan and was blocking Errrrr Dog’s access to it.
I have a few dogs (this is half the herd). Err dog is on the right.
This is 83 pounds of Rottie Mutt looking for mischief with 20 pounds of OBCC
Dogs are rather predictable. Cats, on the other
paw hand, are not — nor does “logic” seem to be part of their vo-cat-ulary.
A few errant thoughts about Human logic vs. Cat logic:
- If a cat demands food, and there is no one around to hear, is it the tree’s fault?
- When a cat brings a bird home and eats the whole thing in front of you, was it the early bird that didn’t catch the worm?
- If a stitch in time saves nine, does a claw in time save all nine lives?
- If an ounce of prevention is better than a pound of cure, does peeing in a humans shoe when s/he’s 5 minutes late with dinner prevent dinner from being late for the next month?
- If an apple a day keeps a doctor away, does a swift exit and a good hiding place prevent a visit to the vet?
- If necessity is the mother of invention, and mom is the necessity that opens a can, is it necessary to kneed mom with your claws at 4:00am to remind her who’s boss?
That’s all for today. I’m going to try to get another 1 1/2 hour of sleep.
© Joelle (the mother of cliche’s) LeGendre