I’m looking for my brain. If anyone out there finds it, there’s no reward. I think it’s lost inside the bowels of NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month). Why would I want to pay for something that’s full of C#@p?
Did you know that
- during NaNoWriMo all your dreams are filled with the characters from your books?
- dogs tend to whine and shake their head at 3 in the morning to let you know they have ear mites?
- cats wait until you’re asleep again at 3:30 to tell you they’re hungry (by taking giant leaps onto your stomach)?
Ergo, why I’m still awake at 4 in the morning.
The dog stopped shaking her head, the cat is resting comfortably in front of my computer screen….
….and I’m exercising my neck trying to see around said cat without offending him.
- Yes, my 32″ monitor is covered in plastic.
- Yes, those are paw prints in the picture. OBCC loves to chase the mouse.
One day my brain will come back home again. Until that time, my 3 priorities in life will be to walk without falling over a dog, avoid tripping over cats in the middle of the floor, and stay awake long enough to do my day job.
In between all of that is NaNoWriMo.
Brain…where are you…brain…
And somewhere inside a distant
dementia dimension, my brain replies, “Ask the cat.”