JOELLE’S TALES: FIRST THURSDAY OF THE MONTH #TMAT120 #WRITING #PROMPT FOR JUNE 2018
It’s not like I’m asking you to pull your toenails out with a pair of tweezers.
TELL ME A TALE IN 120 WORDS
Welcome to June 7.
Today’s prompt is: If you had a billion dollars how would you use it?
So that you don’t feel so alone in your embarrassment, I’ll share a vignette with you:
If I had a billion dollars, I’d…
…pay off my kid’s student loans,
…send money to my sister,
…build a group home for someone who is presently living with too many people, and help fund it,
…give 10% to charities I will not name.
And last, if there was anything left over, I’d remodel my home.
But first of all, I’d run to my tax accountant and ask, (after taking a deep breath) “How can I accomplish my dreams so I don’t end up in bankruptcy court, and set up a trust fund for my family that won’t make them pay so much in taxes that I might as well not be sending them anything.”
Budgeting is not my forte.
Here are the rules:
- A prompt for #TMAT120 will be given the first Thursday of every month. The prompt challenge begins whenever it’s that day in your time zone. It ends on the 1st Thursday of the next month.
- Copy and paste your 120 word entry into the reply section below, along with a link to your blog. To me, everyone who enters is a winner, but if you must have a winner, the entry with the most likes wins.
- Limit your #TMAT120 post to 120 words. People who participate in limited-word prompts aren’t expecting a 1,000 word explanation before it begins.
- When/if you publish your entry on your blog, use the #TMAT120 picture to show that you are participating in the prompt. Please don’t alter (except for size).
- Please don’t use hard-core curse words. They’ll be edited out if you do, and you might not like the words I choose to replace them with. 🙂
- Take time to read other people’s #TMAT120 & their posts, after all you might make a new friend.
© Joelle LeGendre Joelle’s tales: Tell me a tale in 120 words