“New and Improved” SUCKS!
Just a mere 2 days ago, I enjoyed the versatility of the old WordPress create-a-new-post page.
Will someone tell me why a perfectly good system had to be ruined?
Every fractalling time I want to preview changes, I can’t just hit “preview.” Nooooo…it has to make another draft. Does that mean the 15 times I want to change 1 letter, it’s going to send a draft into cyberspace? I’ll find out the minute I hit the “publish” button. (UPDATE: I found out)
So far, here’s what I’ve learned:
- I can choose any tag I want—as long as I’ve used it before.
- Colors can be changed, but text seems to select itself–and not where I want the colors to go.
- In order to get the scroll down to work right, I need a microscope to see the lettering on the screen. This system is not user friendly for people who need to see lettering at 16 font.
- I can have any font size I want, just not where I’m trying to change it. Where it chooses to highlight is as unpredictable as the path of a tornado.
- The “new and improved” stats page doesn’t work. At all. And when I try to access the old stats page, the screen freezes.
There used to be a place where I could choose the classic version, but no more.
Unless someone can tell me why this new post creator is better than the old one, I give it 1 out of 5 stars (with 1 being a miserable excuse for an “improvement” and 5 being an actual improvement).
Please excuse me while I eat my keyboard out of frustration…
(UPDATE: I had to access another browser that already had the “old and most useful” system on it. NOW I can change colors and actually edit. Excuse me while I throw away the remains of my last keyboard and eat this one.)