The dung heap on our foundation.
I’ve figured out what the problem is with this country. We have a strong foundation called the Constitution, but over the past 200 plus years our elected officials have dumped a dung heap of laws on top of it that would make our fore bearers turn over in their graves. That’s the problem, but then there’s a wee bit of disagreement on how to remove it.
- “He shovels to the left!”
- “He shovels to the right!”
- “He has a pink shovel!”
- “His shovel comes from China.”
- “His shovel is bigger than my shovel and tell Billy Bob to move that monster truck, it’s an eyesore!”
- “Does she know how ridiculous she looks trying to shovel manure in stiletto’s?”
- “I can’t shovel with that rap music blaring!”
- “Then turn off the damned country music.”
- “Cursing is a sign of a small mind,” Says the woman trying to listen to Mozart on her Ipod. When asked why she’s not shoveling she points to a big, burly guy and replies, “I paid him to do it.”
And so it goes. The horses keep sending us shit and the dung heap grows while the children bicker about the state of their shoveling.