Today’s headache: Migraine with a dog chaser
- Today’s headache: Migraine with a dog chaser.
- Yesterday’s headache: Migraine with a side of denial.
- The day before yesterday’s headache: Sinus with scattered migraine symptoms.
As I sit in an office chair so old the arms have been reinforced with duct tape, I ponder…
- Why is there amnesia about migraine symptoms? Shouldn’t I know by now that blurred vision and the inability to tolerate light from a 40 watt bulb are my first clues?
- Why would a migraine choose to plague me on a 4 day weekend? Is there no rest for people who are insufferably annoying?
- Why didn’t I take that migraine medication yesterday instead of waiting until I was craving the dark and so close to comatose I could be classified as a mushroom?
- Why do dogs act so strange when you’re listlessly languishing in the dark? The fat white dog refused to let me sleep, nuzzling my face or hands when I was drifting off. It was like she thought I was going to die or something. Or…maybe it’s just payback for refusing to give her that dog biscuit she was begging for earlier.
One day I might understand the mind of a dog. As for today, I just want my own mind back.